Monday, April 15, 2013

Sock Endurance Monday: For the love of Calico

freshly finished
It was my birthday yesterday, so today for Sock Endurance MOnday, I'm talking about my favourite socks, made in a colourway inspired by the feline love of my life.

 It may seem a little self-serving to talk about socks knit in my yarn, but honestly, I treat them just as I treat all my other socks. There's no special treatment, there's no fudging.
I do adore these socks very much (that's why I kept a skein in the first place), and I wear these all the time.

These socks go in open shoes a lot, because I love the stripes. They also go in boots occasionally, and in closed sneakers. I wear them on long walks and bike rides, and in the house.

I knit these Houdini socks for the construction, and I have no idea why I haven't done them again. I knit them in September of 2012 out of half a skein of my own Run Away base, a merino/nylon light fingering yarn.

current state of the heel
as they are today
They are hard-wearing socks, and very smooth. I wasn't expecting to love them as much as I do, but they're a great balance between hardy socks and pampering socks. I wear them very often, and they're one of my go-to pairs of happy socks.

I mostly hand-wash them, but they've gone in the washing machine several times, too. Haven't put them in the dryer yet, but I would if it came up (I don't use my dryer for anything very often).


How would I rate them?
  • Wear & tear: excellent
  • Colour fastness: great
  • Felting: none
  • Pilling: none
  • Fuzzing: little
  • Washing: good
  • as worn in shoes
  • Comfort: excellent
Do I still love them? Moreso than I thought as I was knitting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment