Friday, February 15, 2013

WIPs of the Week

Geodesic swatch
I'm trying to get back into blogging, since I do miss getting updates out and talk knitting, of course!

What's been on my needles this week?
First of all, I swatched for the Geodesic cardigan in MadTosh lace in one of my favourite colours ever, Mourning Dove.
Kvosin crown & body
I've never knit with lace yarn before, and it feels wispy and ethereal and fun. I definitely need more!

Then there's the Kvosin hat, part of the Westy's Besties KAL. Colourwork up the side of the hat, how clever is that? It's knit in a variety of Wollmeise colours.

Hoaloha neck
And last, but certainly not least, I started my Hoaloha, a SinglehandedKnits mystery KAL. I'm using my own Chubby base in a new colourway I've named Coastal, because it reminds me of this picture of my mum and me at Bondi Beach in Sydney a few years back.
mum & me @ Bondi beach
I haven't knit a worsted weight garment before, and it's thick and squishy. Just what you want as the last heat waves of summer are rolling through...
I'm not sure it ever really gets cold enough for worsted-weight wool here in Melbourne, but hey, it just means I need to travel more, right?




What's on your needles this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment