Thursday, June 7, 2012

Requin Vert

 The first pattern in Stephen West's inaugural shawl club pattern series didn't blow me away at first. I thought those teeth things at the top were rather odd.
I am a sucker for twisted stitches and knits through the back loop for their wonderful three-dimensional appeal.

The yarn was a loyalty gift from the Loopy Ewe, a complicated Madelinetosh sock yarn called Green With Envy. Again, not love at first sight, but it just kept calling to me.

I knew I wanted to put these two together when a special opportunity prompted me to.

I enjoyed the pattern, I adore the feel of the yarn, and I love how classy they look together. It reminds me of the patina found in structures from the Art Nouveau era. in fact, someone commented on the lines of this shawl and that it reminded them of the Eiffel tower, for some reason.

It's a great finished project, and I hope the recipient will enjoy it, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment