Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dissertation Blanket

It's done!
Somewhat smaller than expected, the Bazinga Blanket is complete.
It took three months of making myself knit just a few rows while watching video games being played for my amusement.
I don't know why, but I thoroughly disliked this project. Something about the endless rows of garter was so much worse than, say, endless rows of garter on a shawl.

Maybe it's jsut the fact that knitting a blanket is ugh. Yeah, hello hexipuffs? So that's not it either.
Maybe it's the magic trifecta of cheap acrylic yarn, endless garter rows and blanket that did it. Who knows?
Or maybe because I knew the project was big, I thought it would also be cumbersome? No idea.
But it's done. And it's nice. And most importantly, the feline overlord loves it. And in the end, isn't that all that truly matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment