Saturday, April 28, 2012

Carry Me Along

 You know how sometimes, you love a yarn so much, you can't bear to have the leftovers just sitting there, begging you to use them?
No? Well, maybe it's just me.
I made the Swedish Chef hat out of Another Crafty Girl's gorgeous eponymous yarn, and I had some left over. Enough for another hat, perhaps, or half of a larger project.
Then ACG announced a KAL over in her Ravelry group, for any of her Muppets-based yarns.
Perfect!
So the leftover ball of Swedish Chef joined some Wollmeise Sanguinella left over from the Vulpix shawl, and an eye-poppingly bright combination was born.
I wanted an easy project I could knit on the train while hanging out with my mum, so I wanted garter stitch. but not stripes. I wanted each yarn to shine on its own.
Enter Wingspan, a viral pattern immensely popular for its bold, simple, but pleasing construction.

I didn't end up having enough for a full shawl, but the final shawlette is adorable, and very wearable.
Great pattern, great yarns, fun times. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment