Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's a Ninja! Mask.

shapely nose
upside-down chin
 When the going gets tough, you need to protect your face.
Whether it's to hide your identity, block out the wind of an icy snowboarding mountain or protect your gentle features from the guts and gore of decimated zombies, a ninja mask is the answer.

As soon as I saw this pattern on Ravelry, I knew I had to knit it. It had everything, a cool name, a practical purpose and just enough shaping to keep me interested.
Ninja!

It wasn't the smoothest start as the pattern is rather... verbose. You wouldn't think something knit in the round would require this many instructions, but it does.
it took some mathing, some trial and error and some outright discarding of instructions, but the finished result speaks for itself.
It's fabulous!
I couldn't love it more, and I can't wait to see how warm and cozy this mask will be when used for its intended purpose, as a snowboarding scarf/face mask that will stay in place and stay warm from first lift to last.
Expect snow photos of the mask in action next month.


blending into the environment

No comments:

Post a Comment