Monday, November 28, 2011

November Man of Mystery Socks

attracts cat hair
Clue 1: Cast-on and cuff
They're done!
Black man socks for Movember.
That's right, black. Black cotton socks with a cable detail along the sides.
moustache detail
I knit these as a mystery sock with the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry. It was great fun in principle, but I was worried the whole time that Mr. Mechanicalpenguin wouldn't like them, or that they wouldn't fit.
finished!
Black yarn wasn't as horrible as I thought it'd be, but I made sure I only knitted in good lighting conditions, and I knitted these slowly, with many more colorful projects in between.
They turned out okay.
The Kollage yarn is nice and hopefully not too warm, and the pattern was fun enough.
Not sure I'd use either again, but hey. Good socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment