Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hexipuffs of Catan


For Nerd Wars, this round we had an angles challenge.
Sure, I could have just made one hexipuff and talk about angles and stuff. but where's the challenge in that?

So I set up to knit what my non-knitting, gaming friends suggested to me since they saw my first hex:

Make a game board of Settlers of Catan.

Settlers has been our go-to board game for several years.
I've been playing it back when I lived in Germany, and I've introduced all my gaming friends to the fun and complexity of it. it really is a fun and addictive game.
And it's perfect to be transformed into squishy hexipuffs!
I used Moda Vera Noir in the grey mix for the mountains. Regia Cotton in reds became the brick tiles, Crystal palace Panda Superwash in menswear was the perfect green for forests, and the Lincraft baby Grand made a mellow meadow. I was stumped for the wheat fields, so I just dyed my own, and I'm very pleased with how it came out. the base is more ubiquitous Moda Vera Noir.

Finally, the desert is Panda Cotton in chocolate almonds, which looks suprisingly camo.

I also learned something new when knitting this field. Sewing the puffs together is way easier than knitting them on! So that's what I'm going to be doing from now on.

Have you ever knit a themed hexipuff patch?

No comments:

Post a Comment