Thursday, September 22, 2011

The power of hexipuffs

Are you puffing? You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it.
You know you want to.
Hexipuffing, that is.
Hexipuffs are bite-sized little knitting projects, perfect to use up those leftover bits of sock yarn. You know, that skinny, gorgeous yarn that you really, really want to work to the very last inch.

Enter the Beekeeper's Quilt, a gorgeous and colorful way to use up those odds and ends.
At least, that's the theory.
If you're a member of the tiny owl knits Beekeeper's Quilt knitalong on Ravelry, you know that mini skeins are quickly becoming an obsession in their own right.
For now, I'm resisting the lure of purpose-buying yarns, instead I'm actually using up some of my favorite yarns that I actually made socks out of.
It'll be a nice memory to make a puff for every sock I knit.
The Kitten Overlord seems a bit nonplussed by this new development, but she's taking it graciously.
And this is where my puffs will live. Because displaying them nicely while knitting the neverending blanket may be half the battle.

So. Do you puff?

No comments:

Post a Comment