Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pink and Stripes Belle Epoque

 Iiiiinteresting.
This was certainly a pattern to stretch my meagre sock knitting abilities!
After a plain sock and a sock with a single bit of wandering lace, I must be ready for something all-over, right?
Right.
Turns out that after a few false starts, I'm ready for anything. And whatever I wasn't ready for, the yarn graciously hides.
This is my second time working with Moda Vera Noir, after a brief jump into acrylic. It's very... crunchy. There's fuzz to the yarn that obscures the stitches a bit too much for my liking, and the stripes seemed such a shame. I really like the pink, and I kinda like the greyish-greeny color in between, but together? Meh.
I've got about half the skein left over, so I've actually split the colors, knotting all pinks together, and all greys.

I did these socks two-at-a-time, and I must say, it's the only way to do socks. When you're done, you're really done!
The pattern, intuitively enough, comes from Melissa Morgan-Oakes' book 2-at-a-Time Socks, which is not only a useful resource, but also one of those great books that stay open when you read them. So useful for a knitting book!


I enjoyed the pattern overall, even though you can't even really see it in the finished socks. And the 2-at-a-time method? Total win.


No comments:

Post a Comment