Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First attempts at hat making



I love hats. Always have.

They're such quick, easy things to make a drab t-shirt and pants combo a little fashion-fun.

I like to think I have what in French is called a tête à chapeaux, or a head made for hats. I get this from my dad.

Yet somehow, it never occurred to me to make my own hats until I came back to knitting just recently.
What better project to start with than a hat?


Since I figured pattern reading may be beyond me, I just cast on a random number of stitches on a circular needle and went round and round and round until I had a tube that would fit over my head. Bound off the top straight and voila. instant hat.

Then, just for the lols, I added tow teeny pompoms to it.


I love this hat. It's cottony and squishy and just the right amount of splashtacular colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment